environment for their learning:
of a staff member, or being signed out by a parent or guardian.
2. Good conduct is expected at all times. This includes complying with all
school/classroom/bus rules, and walking quietly in the halls as not to disturb other
3. Students are not allowed to bring to school any items that will be a distraction to
learning, such as cards, handheld computer games, iPods, toys, etc.
4. Students must refrain from using inappropriate language at all times.
5. Students are expected to leave the school building by 3:15 unless they have a school-related purpose with adult supervision such as ASE or Homework Club.
6. Students are not to re-enter the school after 3:30 to retrieve forgotten homework.
7. Students are to arrive at school no earlier than 8:25, and are to enter their classrooms at
South Mountain’s School Rules
1. Respect and value the rights, feelings, and property of others
2. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself
3. Use language and gestures appropriately
4. Be courteous, understanding, and kind
5. Listen to the adult in charge
6. Dress respectfully and appropriately
“Students should remember that their clothing choice should not distract attention from learning, and should promote safety. Hats, coats, jackets, sunglasses, and other paraphernalia designed primarily for outdoor wear must be stored while at school. Clothing worn to school should be clean, neat, and in good taste. Abbreviated clothing, or that which contains profane, or inappropriate language which refers to alcohol, drugs, sex, or violence, or which is demeaning to specific groups, is unacceptable. Appropriate footwear should be worn for P.E./Gym class as well as outdoor recess play. Principals reserve the right to ban inappropriate footwear for safety reasons, e.g. flip-flops on stairwells or roller shoes (aka Heelys).”
Extended Single Session Days
Since there are no lunch periods on these days, we will operate under a condensed or shortened schedule as follows: