Letter from Dr. Burton:
Due to the overwhelming numbers of absenteeism of staff and students who have tested positive or have a close positive family member, we will need to go to a virtual schedule this week.
- We will be following a half-day virtual schedule for students on Monday, January 3 and Tuesday, January 4.
- Your student’s teacher(s) will send a link to their Google Classroom (Grades 2-12) or Seesaw (Grades K-1) to the student or parent email.
- Pre-K teachers will be reaching out to students through the parent email for their login information as well.
- Virtual learning will not be accessible outside of the United States.
- Please be reminded that virtual learning protocols are to be followed. Students are expected to be dressed appropriately and in an environment conducive to learning.
SEE SCHEDULE BELOW FOR HALF DAY STUDENT SCHEDULE (Jan. 3-Jan. 4):
WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY AND FRIDAY, JANUARY 5, 6, & 7:
- The district will follow a full-day virtual schedule. The full-day virtual schedule will be sent to you on Tuesday by your school principal.
- We will assess the staffing and student absenteeism during the week, and alert you of any schedule changes for next week.
School hours will be as follows for your reference:
Regarding afterschool programs, the Alphabest program will follow up with parents with their availability of extended hours. In addition, the SAM Program will be available for extended hours as well and will be reaching out to parents with further information.
NEW!! WE HAVE ADDED ADDITIONAL TESTING OPPORTUNITIES FOR JANUARY:
We are taking these additional measures for the health and safety of all of our students and staff as well as their families. We want to ensure we are making every effort to provide instruction and maintain a healthy environment for our staff and students.